Best AFL Betting Online in Australia
In Australia, the AFL or Australian Rules football is one of the most popular competitive team sports in the country. This highly physical action packed game draws crowds from all over country. The AFL has a long and rich history in Australia and it is hardly surprising that for almost as long as the sport has been in existence, people have been AFL footy betting on the outcome. Today online AFL betting has grown to become one of the biggest internet betting markets in Australia with millions of dollars’ worth of bets being made on each game. With eight games played each week in the AFL season, punters certainly have a lot of opportunities to bet and win online
For those who are new to AFL betting, one of the key aspects is having a basic understanding the various types of AFL bets that can be placed. For the novice punter, there are six main betting types, these are explained below:
- Head to head betting – Head to head bets are probably the most common bets and the easiest for a novice to place. This is where a punter chooses which team will win the game and which team will lose.
- Margin betting – Margin betting is slightly more complicated. In this type of betting a punter can bet on whether a team will win under or over a certain margin, commonly 39.5 points. A punter should have more experience with AFL matches before placing a margin bet.
- Future betting – In online AFL footy betting, a punter can make a bet before the season on who he thinks will win the season trophy; as well as who will win the Brownlow Medal, NAB Rising Star, Coleman Medal and the Team Best and Fairest awards.
- Line betting – If the bookmaker feels there is an unfair matchup, they will place a line bet on a team. This is basically a form of handicapping where one team will have a point difference added to their score for AFL footy betting purposes.
- Exotic bets – These are bets that bookmakers place to make a game more interesting. Some of the most common exotic bets include: Which player will score the first goal, which team will score first, the total score in the first quarter, the score at half time and exact winning margin.
|100% Match up to $250 AUD
| Bet now
|100% Match Bonus
| Bet now
|Login to see promotions
| Bet now
Where to Start AFL Footy Betting
Before getting into online AFL betting, it is important to understand how AFL games are played and won. For the best chance at picking a winning team, a punter should know the match history of team he is backing. It is also pertinent to know who the current coach is and how the team performed in previous seasons. When punting live games, it is important to understand that score line can change at any moment. Other things to consider are injuries, current form and home ground advantage.
The Top AFL Online Sportsbooks in AU
If you are looking for the best online AFL betting sites, look no further. For your convenience we have rated and listed Australia’s top-rated online sports betting sites right here. All you have to do is click on any of the links featured here using tablet, mobile or on PC to get started.