Melbourne Cup Betting Online 2019
In the world of online sports betting, thoroughbred horse racing has to be considered one of the biggest betting markets in the world. The pure energy and drama of a horse racing makes it the ideal betting opportunity for any punter. For Australians, one of the biggest horse racing events of the year is undoubtedly the Melbourne Cup. Marketed as “The race that stops the nation” Melbourne Cup betting online has become a national pastime. With online betting, Australians can bet on horse racing’s biggest race from any computer or laptop.
For those who are new to the world of Australian horse racing, the Melbourne Cup is a quality handicap race for horses 3 years old and over and is run over a distance of 3,200 metres. It is the richest “two-mile” handicap in the world and is also one of the richest turf races. Locally it is one of the biggest horse racing events in Australia and is televised live to an audience of about 650 million people worldwide. In addition to the online Melbourne Cup Betting, at the races, people dress up, with many women wearing their best or most colourful hats and dresses, with some participating in fashion parades on the field.
|1||5/5||100% Match up to $250 AUD|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||100% Match Bonus|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||$501 AUD Bonus Bet|| Bet now|
When it comes to Melbourne Cup betting online, there are three basic types of bets that punters can choose to make, namely straight bets, multi bets and exotic bets. For those who are new to horse betting, straight bets are the easiest to understand and to punt. Some examples of straight bets include:
- A straight Win – This means betting on a particular horse to win the cup.
- Place –This is betting on a horse to finish in the money, meaning finishing 2nd or 3rd place, sometimes up to 5th place.
- Each way – This is a combination of a win and place bet.
Multi Bets and Exotic Bets
In addition to straight bets, more experienced punters can try their luck with multi bets and exotic bets. These are more complicated bets but they can increase the excitement and value of the race. With online Melbourne cup betting, examples multi bets include:
- Quinella – Pick two horses to win and place second, regardless of the order in which both come in
- Exacta – The same as a quinella where you pick the winner and second place but you have to get them in their precise order
- Trifecta – Picking the winner, second and third place finishers all in their correct order
- First four – Picking the first four horses to finish in the money
Getting Started with Online Melbourne Cup Betting
For the novice punter, probably the best way to start with Melbourne Cup betting online is by placing a straight win bet. If you are an avid horse punter you will know that horse betting is a combination of luck and a keen understanding of the history and physical capabilities of each of the horses in the race. If you are interested in the Melbourne Cup and you want to know where you can bet online, you are in luck. To make things easy for you, we have created a list of Australia’s best online Melbourne Cup betting sites where you can get started.