Best Rugby Betting Online in Australia
It is no secret that Rugby is one of the biggest sports in Australia. From an early age, many children grow up playing, watching or are involved in the game in some way or another. You may not know it but rugby is also one of the biggest betting sports in the country. Every major game provides an ideal opportunity for punters to place rugby bets on whom they think will be the strongest team. As a result, online rugby betting has become hugely popular in Australia. With heaps of local and international games played each week, punters can always be assured of an action packed game filled with multiple mobile betting opportunities.
For those punters who are new to online rugby betting, a good place to start is by learning the game. In Australia, there are two distinct forms of rugby a punter can bet on; namely rugby union and rugby league. Rugby union is the slower version of the game where teams battle for possession in each half. Rugby league is a faster paced game that is played for a slightly longer time. For both league and union rugby, rugby bets can vary from the straightforward to the exotic all depending on the bookmaker and the match type.
In rugby betting, there are a number of different types of rugby bets a punter can choose from. For the novice punter, a straight win bet is probably the best way to start. For the more experienced punter there are a number of exotic that can increase the excitement of the game. Some of the most commonly offered online rugby bets are shown below:
- Outright Winner – This is a basic bet on who will win the game. The teams usually have odds next to them describing on how much the pay-out would be for a win. The team with the highest odds is usually the underdog and pays out the highest.
- Total Points Betting – This is a bet on how many points a certain match will have. You can bet over the amount or under the amount for a win. This rugby bet is also called over/under.
- First Try Scorer – This is a bet where a punter chooses an individual player who will score the first try of the match.
- Supremacy Bet – This is a bet on how many points a team will beat another team by. If the point is set at 5, it means that team A has to beat team B by five points to win the bet.
- Future Bet – In rugby betting, this is a type of wager that predicts the winner of a tournament or series, the series can be local or international.
|5/5||100% Match up to $250 AUD|| Bet now|
|4.9/5||100% Match Bonus|| Bet now|
|4.8/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|
Getting Started with Online Rugby Bets
The most important part of online rugby betting, is knowing your team. Punters should be familiar with a team’s performance both at home and away. If a team has a number of injured players, the performance of the entire team can be at risk. A punter should always know the history and statistics of each team before he places any rugby bets. If you want to start betting and are looking for online sports betting sites in Australia, you are in luck; you can find them all right here. You can browse through our list of top Australian online sports betting sites and click on any of the links to get started.